I love summer. Between the sunshine, the beach, the food- everything is better in summer. Whether you’re like me and looking for date night ideas in Abbotsford and Mission or looking for Family activities in Langley or Chilliwack- there is always so much to do. However, in the heat of the summer sometimes it’s hard to think of some great activity ideas! Now you don’t have to worry.
Here is my summer bucket list of activities to do in the Fraser Valley (there is some Vancouver options too!)
1. Take a vacation. This doesn’t have to be a plane ride away. We always head up to my families cabin on Shuswap Lake for a week to unwind and relax!
2. Explore the Vancouver Zoo. Yes- it is just as good as your remember from all those years ago.
3. Take a drive up the Sea to Sky to ShannonFalls for a picnic and hike.
4. Go on a horseback trail ride. I love riding and some of the best places in the Valley are viewed best from the back of a horse. There are a lot of lower priced options for trail rides too! If you’re looking for a great place to ride in Chilliwack let me know and I can hook you up!
5. Go antique hunting. My boyfriend loves thrifting, antiquing, and flea markets. My goal is to hit up Granny & Grumpa’s Antique Shop (I’ve never been but it looks great!)
6. Fishing. I have never been actual fishing. But since my boyfriend is obsessed with it- it has made its way onto our summer bucket list.
7. Pack the bathing suits for a visit to Cultus Lake Waterpark. I havn’t been here since I was in grade 12 so it’s a must. There is also a new ‘adventure park’ right next door that might be worth checking out (especially if you have kids!)
8. Picnic and hike at Bridal Veil Falls Waterfall.
9. Take a hike through the Othello tunnels. Another one I’ve never done- but it is a must see! They are located just outside of hope
10. Spend the day at the beach. Relax.
11. Abbotsford Agrifair and Rodeo Aug 1 – 4 for fun filled family days.
12. Spend movie night at Twilight Drive-in, only one around in the valley! (doesn’t this sound like a cute date night?!?)
13. Get through some renovations. Since I’ll be moving in my boyfriend’s bachelor pad later this summer (yikes!) renovations have been a consistent part of my free time. Whether we are painting furniture, putting in new lights, or tearing down wall paper- it’s great to get these things out of the way before the cold weather hits.
14. Grab a beer at one of the local breweries. I am obsessed with Feild house but don’t forget to check our Old Abby Ales and Old Yale too.
15. Stroll through Clayburn Historical Village and visit the shops, beautiful heritage homes and churches.
16. Go berry picking. There are so many options in the Valley for Berry picking. I always go to Kraus Berry Farms at least once a year. Not only can you do ‘you-pick’ berries, but they also have great ice cream, fruit wines, and fun activities.
17. Spend a day in Stanley Park. Pack a picnic, visit the aquarium, maybe even hop on the train.
18. Go out for brunch. Abbotsford is full of fantastic brunch spots. One of our favorite places is Anne Marie’s Café in Downtown Abby.
19. Granville Island is worth the trip into the city!
20. Playland and the PNE(Aug 16 – Sept 1).
21. Lynn Canyon Park & Suspension Bridge or the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Although they are in North and West Van- they make great spots for a day trip. Capilano Suspension Bridge has a great deal for BC residents that allows you to get a full year pass if you visit once.
22. Pack the car for a road trip on one of the many Circle tours, country driving, picnic, great tunes! Can’t do without it. They have tours throughout the Fraser Valley, so no matter your location you’re set!
23. Relax at home, set up a campfire in the back yard and spend a night roasting marshmallows and hotdogs.
24. Don’t miss all the local markets. ‘That Local Market’ in Chilliwack is a great one to see as it tends to have a variety of vendors and some great food trucks.
25. Spend a day visiting all the local wineries around. Langley has dozens within a 30 minute radius!